How do you determine bike size?
How to calculate a bike size? Measure your inseam!
- Stand close to a wall, your feet should be 6-8″ (15-20 cm) apart.
- Place a large, hardcover book between your legs – it will simulate the saddle.
- Mark where the book’s spine touches the wall.
- Measure the distance from that point to the floor – that’s your inseam.
How do I know what size my sons bike is?
How to Measure a Kids Bike
- 1 Measure the diameter of the existing tire, as illustrated above (D), or look on the tire for the size (it looks like this: nn” x n.n”).
- 2 If you find the tire size, the first dimension is the tire diameter, the second dimension is the tire thickness.
Is 26 inch bike good for what height?
Is 26 inch bike good for what height? Bikes that are 26 inches in size work well for children and adults who range from approximately five feet to six-feet tall. They can also be appropriate for some taller people, but the best way to find out if it’s a good fit is by testing ride one!
Is a 26 inch bike for adults?
“ 26” wheel size is perfect for most of adults with a height above 6 feet. Most of the touring bikes and hybrid bikes come in 700C metric wheels, which are also known as 29-inch wheels.