How do I know what size my sons bike is?
How to Measure a Kids Bike
- 1 Measure the diameter of the existing tire, as illustrated above (D), or look on the tire for the size (it looks like this: nn” x n.n”).
- 2 If you find the tire size, the first dimension is the tire diameter, the second dimension is the tire thickness.
What height is a 26 inch bike for?
Bikes with 26-inch wheels are designed for people 5’0 to 5’5. If you are taller than that, you should look for a bike with 700c, 27.5-inch or 29-inch wheels.
Is an 18 inch bike too big for a 6 year old?
The most popular bike sizes for young kids are 16- 20- and 24-inch, and there’s overlap in ideal rider height between each of them. (Additionally, 14-, 18-inch and 22-inch options exist, but they are much less common.)
How do you size a bike for a child?
1) Know What Wheel Size Your Child Needs
- Kids bikes are “sized” by the diameter of their wheels.
- The best way to start narrowing down which size bike your child needs is to determine which size wheels they PROBABLY need.
- Measure your child’s inseam AND their height.