How do I determine bike frame size?
2. How to measure bike frame size
- Find the top of the seat tube (this is where the seat post is held)
- Find the center of the bottom bracket (This holds the crank arms together)
- Measure the distance between these 2 points.
- Record this in both cm and inch to find the right frame for you.
What does frame size mean on a bike?
Frame size generally refers to frame height, the length of the seat tube from the bottom bracket (crank bearing) to the top tube. Also, frames are measured differently. Some companies measure from the center of the bottom bracket to the center of the top tube/seat tube junction.
Is 26 inch bike good for what height?
Is 26 inch bike good for what height? Bikes that are 26 inches in size work well for children and adults who range from approximately five feet to six-feet tall. They can also be appropriate for some taller people, but the best way to find out if it’s a good fit is by testing ride one!
How do I know if my bike frame is too big?
If you struggle to make turns or need to sit up straight to reach the handlebars, the frame is likely too large. You may also notice that you cannot quickly turn or pick up speed easily due to the way that you sit in a larger frame. Pain or discomfort after riding also indicates that the frame is too big for your size.