How do I find my bike frame size?
How to calculate a bike size? Measure your inseam!
- Stand close to a wall, your feet should be 6-8″ (15-20 cm) apart.
- Place a large, hardcover book between your legs – it will simulate the saddle.
- Mark where the book’s spine touches the wall.
- Measure the distance from that point to the floor – that’s your inseam.
Where is the frame number on a Trek bike?
You can find the bike serial number on the underside of the bicycle frame, near the bottom bracket. Look for a sticker containing a barcode. This sticker will also contain a string of letters and numbers, many beginning with WTU.
What height is a 26 inch bike for?
Bikes with 26-inch wheels are designed for people 5’0 to 5’5. If you are taller than that, you should look for a bike with 700c, 27.5-inch or 29-inch wheels.
Can you look up a bike serial number?
Can you look up a bike serial number? Yes, you look up your bike’s serial number. They are usually situated under your bike’s bottom bracket.
How do you decode a trek serial number?
Serial Number Decoding Project
- Serial Number Decoding Project.
- These serial numbers have seven characters, in the form L N L N L N N, where L is a letter and N is a number.
- The first number is the frame size, where.
- The second number is the last digit of the year, 6, 7, 8, 9 (for 197X) and 0 for 1980.
How do I know what type of Trek bike I have?
Trek frame serial numbers (SNs) are typically stamped into the bottom of the bottom bracket shell. In the case of some early 80s Treks, the number is under the plastic cable guide on the bottom of the shell. Just remove the plastic cable guide to see the number.
How do I know if my bike is too big?
If you struggle to make turns or need to sit up straight to reach the handlebars, the frame is likely too large. You may also notice that you cannot quickly turn or pick up speed easily due to the way that you sit in a larger frame. Pain or discomfort after riding also indicates that the frame is too big for your size.