How do I know what size my child’s bike is?
How to Measure a Kids Bike
- 1 Measure the diameter of the existing tire, as illustrated above (D), or look on the tire for the size (it looks like this: nn” x n.n”).
- 2 If you find the tire size, the first dimension is the tire diameter, the second dimension is the tire thickness.
How do you determine bike size?
How to calculate a bike size? Measure your inseam!
- Stand close to a wall, your feet should be 6-8″ (15-20 cm) apart.
- Place a large, hardcover book between your legs – it will simulate the saddle.
- Mark where the book’s spine touches the wall.
- Measure the distance from that point to the floor – that’s your inseam.
What height is a 26 inch bike for?
Bikes with 26-inch wheels are designed for people 5’0 to 5’5. If you are taller than that, you should look for a bike with 700c, 27.5-inch or 29-inch wheels.
Is a 20 bike too big for a 6 year old?
The most popular bike sizes for young kids are 16- 20- and 24-inch, and there’s overlap in ideal rider height between each of them. (Additionally, 14-, 18-inch and 22-inch options exist, but they are much less common.)
What is the best bike for a child to learn on?
After spending 30 hours evaluating 13 pedal bikes on pavement, dirt, and grassy hills, we’re judging the REI Co-op Cycles REV 16 Kids’ Bike as the best first pedal bike for most kids.