How do you determine bike size?
How to calculate a bike size? Measure your inseam!
- Stand close to a wall, your feet should be 6-8″ (15-20 cm) apart.
- Place a large, hardcover book between your legs – it will simulate the saddle.
- Mark where the book’s spine touches the wall.
- Measure the distance from that point to the floor – that’s your inseam.
How do I know what size my sons bike is?
How to Measure a Kids Bike
- 1 Measure the diameter of the existing tire, as illustrated above (D), or look on the tire for the size (it looks like this: nn” x n.n”).
- 2 If you find the tire size, the first dimension is the tire diameter, the second dimension is the tire thickness.
What height is 26 inch bike for?
Bikes with 26-inch wheels are designed for people who are between a height of about five feet to the smaller end of six foot. If you’re taller than that, then your bike should have larger tires and more space in length (26 inch bikes generally don’t go much over 24 inches).
Can adults ride 20 inch bikes?
Adults can definitely ride 20-inch BMX bikes, but it is recommended that they wear appropriate safety gear to keep themselves safe. This type of bike can be more difficult for adults than other types of bikes because the smaller wheels require a lot more balance and coordination in order to ride safely.
What size bike should a 5’2 woman get?
What size bike does a 5’2 woman need? A woman in this height range will be fine with a bike frame of between 15 and 16 inches.